Friday, May 28, 2010

Getting Started

Chase has been on his mission for a little over one month now and many exciting things have happened. He left for the MTC on April 13 and served there for 3 weeks. In that time he was made District Leader and got a lot of opportunities to teach and attend meetings. Good practice for when he becomes District Leader out in the field ; ) After a lesson on Perfect Obedience he said, "I know that if you follow Christ with perfect obedience then you will change for the better and you will have the Spirit in your life so much more. When obedience became a quest and not an irritant is when I became empowered."

He left for Georgia on May 5th and quickly found out that it's "Hotter than the Devil's Armpits" down there. As of May 15th he was teaching eleven investigators and one had set a date for baptism. At a recent zone meeting his Mission President asked him to give a training to the other Elders on how to be a good teacher. Here's how Chase tells the story:

So I was at a zone meeting and Pres. asked me if I would give a trainning on how to be a good teacher to all the missionarys. I said, "Wait, what?" He said, "Yeah you Elder Eyler." Then I said, "Me the newest one?" He said, Yep! Then I said, "Ok dog, its on." He smiled and said I was great.